In Microsoft Office Word 2007, (same for others office 2007 Ms. excel 2007 and Ms. Power Point 2007) to protect a file or document with a password is very simple,
• Inside the document, Go to Save As ( Klick at Office Button, then klick Save as )
• In Save As window, Click on Tools, then click General Options
• There are two options, password to open, and password to modify, we can use one or both of them.
• Enter a password what we want
• Click OK and reenter the password
• Save the document as usual ( give a name and click Save )
Now the file are protected, try to reopen.
See Also :
Making Horizontal Line in MS Office 2007 With Very Easy Way
How To Make Default Saving Format Office 2007 Always To Office 2003