To connect to your office network from home or other places, you can use VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection. Most of the operating systems at this moment have capability to be used as a VPN client device.
In the Android to set VPN client,
• Go to Setting
• In the wireless and network menu, tap more
• Tap VPN
• If you haven't set the pin yet, you have to create/set to be able create VPN connection
• Create pin (you must remember PIN, don't forget!)
• Tap Add VPN network again (step above) after pin created.
• Give a name for your connection.
• Choose the type of VPN, in the example I use PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol) because my VPN server/gateway of my office network usethe PPTP.
• Write IP (internet protocol) address of VPN server.
• Tap Save, to save the configuration.
• Then you will be asked for username and password.
After connected, you will be able to access you office local network, run local applications, remote desktop etc.
Other posts :
• How to find MAC Address in Android
• How to transfer files or data on Android via Wifi
• How to find text or phrase in a page of Android browser
• Android versions and The Names