I have old Toshiba Portege R500 Laptop, every time the laptop was turned On, it would take a long time in booting process, about 15 minutes. I could go for dinner while waiting until computer was ready for use :).
Now the laptop is already in normal condition again, but doesn't have the CD/DVD drive, because it is disable by disconnecting the data cable from/to the CD/DVD drive.
What I did is unplug/removing the socket to the CD/DVD drive.
• Prepare the small screw driver (plus type screw driver).
• Remove the laptop battery.
• Open the bottom cover by opening all screws first.
|The location of socket must be unplug|
After unplug the socket,
• Take the cover back.
• Put and tighten the screws.
• Reinstall the laptop battery.