If you have devices, server, cctv , etc that connected to the internet using Public IP (Internet Protocol), you can monitor and get notification via SMS or email when those devices have no response, so you can determine to solve the problem quickly.
On Internet there are many providers give notification service, one is pingdom.com
If you need this service you can register at address above. you can choose paid or free service.
For free service the address is https://www.pingdom.com/free
Setting to Monitor ip address if no response/down :
• After registering complete, you can login and use the service
• Set Your time zone
• After setting time zone, then go to Check Menu (see figure)
• Choose Add New Check
1. Give a name for this check
2. Choose the interval time, on the example I choose 5 minutes
3. Choose Network on Check type
4. Choose Ping
5. Write the public IP address you want to monitor
6. Click Test Check to test the connection, there will appear the result
7. Set Notification, give a tick on it
8. Choose the way to notify ( notify via) you can use : email, sms, twitter, iOS or Android.
9. Set/adjust the Notify When Down,
10. Set/adjust Repeat every
11. Give a tick at the Notify When Back up, means when back to normal you also can get the notify
12. Click Create Check, to create, save and start monitoring.
Now, when the device has no response when ping by pingdom, it will send you the notification.
See Also :
• Insert Aplication to the Taskbar in Windows 8
• How to know ip address in Windows 8
• Run Application By Email
• Setting Gmail IMAP in Outlook