Many ways to open Notepad in Windows 8, generally through the Metro Start Screen by typing Notepad and automatically go to search, and results will appear at the left of the screen , just enter it and then Notepad will open.
Or via the keyboard shortcut Windows+Q , go to Notepad icon or type Notepad in search field.
The ways to open Notepad as above, can't open to the new Notepad, meaning if there is already an open Notepad before, it will go to that Notepad, not to a new Notepad.
To open a New Notepad is through the RUN menu
• Press Windows + R to open the Run menu
• Type Notepad in the Run column , click OK or press enter , it will open a new Notepad.
See Also :
• Simple Timer Using Notepad
• How to Make the Simple Diary using Notepad
• Swapping Mouse Button Function (right to left , left to right) Using Notepad