In Windows 8, when you edit system files using Notepad, for example you will edit the hosts file, it is necessary to run Notepad as administrator.
To run Notepad as administrator :
• Go to Metro interface (Press the windows key to move/switch from desktop screen to Metro interface)
• Type in Notepad, it will automatically go to the search menu and Notepad will display on the left side.
• Right click on Notepad
It will show the menu Run as administrator at the bottom
• Click on Run as administrator to run Notepad as administrator.
See also :
• How to go to Folder Options in Windows 8
• How to Close Windows 8 Application Manually
• Change Product Key In MS Office 2010