When the OS (Operating System) of the computer can't work or has a problem, how to copy the data, documents, and files we need from that computer ?.
The first way, by taking out the hard drive in order to be connected to other computer for copying the files.
The second way is : by using live CD file explorer.
I will talk about the second way, by using the Live CD file explorer.
The live CD has Operating system on itself. then we can do copying the files from internal hard drive of the computer to the USB flash drive or USB external hard drive.
I use Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 live CD from Puppylinux.org
• Download the Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 ISO file from puppylinux.org, or you can search from the internet with keyword: download Lucid Puppy 5.2.8.
• After downloaded, burn the ISO file to the CDR.
• Connect the target drive such as USB flashdisk or external USB hard drive to the computer.
• Set Boot priority in BIOS setting, first boot to CD/DVD
• Boot Computer using Lucid Puppy CD.
|Screen of Lucid Puppy 5.2.8|
• As you can see in screenshot above, in red circle are the drives, internal hard drives, and USB flash drive. Click on the drive, browse to the files you need, also open the target disk, so you can drag and drop the files for copying or moving.